Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My first post

I bought this camera based on the previous two positive reviews. I am an engineer by trade and I can tell you that this product is not ready for release to consumers. It is more like a beta release. The camera is buggy and I was unable to get automatic FTP transfer of my webcam pictures to work. Motion detection also has problems.

I own several other Foscam cameras (not the HD versions) and they work fine so I am confident I am technically capable to set up an IP camera. I wasted two days working on this piece of junk. I will be returning it for a full refund. Check out the forum at and it will become clear to you that the H.264 cameras are not ready for the market.

Good idea, and the picture quality is better than the previous version, but don't waste your valuable time like I did. Hopefully with future firmware revisions these issues will be resolved. Before you buy check the forum community first to make sure. I wish I would have

No comments:

Post a Comment